Welcome to the Project for Open Education in Massage (POEM). POEM is a community-supported, open-access resource providing educational materials, learning experiences, reference works, and interactive discussion to meet information needs of stakeholders in the community of massage.
POEM is intended to:
- provide a central, universally-accessible repository for existing knowledge about evidence-based biopsychosocial massage;
- provide semantically-integrated tools and views on knowledge about massage and other foundational domains that stakeholders in the community can use for learning and teaching purposes;
- promote communication and build bridges with other healthcare professional disciplines in order to help the patient-centered care team work together more effectively;
- generate new information from the mashup of different existing bits of knowledge;
- provide a sense of pride and accomplishment in members of the community at the cumulative body of evidence-based massage knowledge; and
- provide a safe and empowering place for discussion of and learning about biopsychosocial massage.
I hope this provides a useful resource for addressing your educational and information needs, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Ravensara S. Travillian
Since the site is new, you may find that the information you are seeking has still to be added.
To aid in visualizing how the site will evolve, please read this introductory tour.